Utopia is a vacuum tube dual chassis line stage preamplifier in full dual mono configuration. First chassis called Control Unit contain power supply, digital controls and all other modules. Line Stage is second chassis, which contain only analog circuits.
LINE STAGE CIRCUIT: Unique all triode zero feedback configuration makes this low output impedance preamplifier capable to drive any kind of power amplifier. Long life military grade tubes 6N23P-EV (E88CC equivalent) & 6N6P/6N30P-DR special low impedance triode are used in line stage circuit.
Volume control is realized with 16 high reliability relays. Contact material of these relays is silver with gold glad. By relays switching combination volume control can be adjusted in 100 steps.
ANALOG POWER SUPPLY started with two custom-made low-density toroidal transformers. All needed voltages are regulated with 11 stages per channel(22 stages in total). Anode voltages are double regulated for each analog stage.
Control Unit Chassis contain two high quality input AC filters one for analog power supply transformers and one for the digital supply.
Micro-controller Based DIGITAL CONTROL CIRCUIT controls all necessary functions of preamplifier, and its current status is displayed on an alphanumerical front panel. Front panel is made of twelve dot matrix displays. Digital Control Circuit is supplied with custom-made low-density toroidal transformer (totally three transformers per unit). Remote control unit made from two pieces of solid block aluminum controls all preamplifier functions.
|Frequency Response||DC to 500 kHz, -3 dB; 20Hz to 20kHz, +/-0.00dB @ 47 kohms|
|Noise||90 dB IHF ref. to 1 Vrms output|
|Gain||15 dB(x5.6) Phase status: invert (180 degree)|
|THD & N||< 0.1 %|
|Input Impedance||> 27 kohms|
|Stereo Separation||> 95 dB @ 1 kHz|
|Tube Complement||4 x 6N23P-EV, 2 x 6N6P/6N30P-DR; all military grade|
|Output Impedance||< 80 ohms @ DC to 500 kHz|
|Power Requirements||110 VAC or 220 VAC @ 50 to 60 Hz, max. 80 VA|
|Dimensions (Control Unit)||19" (483 mm) wide x 10.4" (265 mm) deep x 5.5" (140 mm) high|
|Dimensions (Line Stage)||19" (483 mm) wide x 10.4" (265 mm) deep x 4.3" (110 mm) high|
|NET Weight (Control Unit)||approx. 24 lbs. (11 kg) unpacked|
|NET Weight (Line Stage)||approx. 17.6 lbs. (8 kg) unpacked|
|TOTAL Weight||approx. 55 lbs. (29 kg) packed in wooden box|
- full dual mono construction
- direct coupled preamplifier (no coupling capacitor or inter-stage transformer)
- zero feedback (unique construction)
- all triode configuration
- dual chassis concept
- sophisticated attenuator construction realized with relay network (no electronic switch)
- high current 6N6P/6N30P-DR triode output tube (military grade)
- VISHAY™ metal foil 4ppm input resistors
- line stage and analog circuits are powered by low density toroidal power transformer (one for each channel)
- separate low density toroidal power transformer are used for digital control circuit
- stand by mode with tube pre-heated function
- soft start operate
- gold-plated teflon insulated connectors
- hand assembled aluminum modulated chassis
- extensively used computer numeric control machines (CNC)
- engraved 1/2" thick aluminum front panel
- standby mode
- full dot matrix display
- remote control made from two separate solid blocks of aluminum
Specifications are subject of change without notice